[Sursound] Getting rid of a Lake HURON
Ben Claridge
2017-09-20 17:55:42 UTC

We are having a clear out and have come across our old Lake HURON which
has DSP cards for 16 channels of in/out.
I believe it is now 20 years old so a real ambisonics antique!
If anyone out there is interested in taking it off our hands and getting
it running again, please send me a message.

Thanks,

Ben

GILLIERON SCOTT

gsacoustics.org

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Sorry..can't resist. What follows is entirely fictional.

"The Lake Huron system feel out of favor after the release of the new Lake Superior system. Lake Superior offered far greater depth, although most thought it colder than Lake Huron."

;-) ;-)

Michael Graves
***@mstvp.com
http://www.mgraves.org
o(713) 861-4005
c(713) 201-1262
sip:***@mjg.onsip.com
skype mjgraves

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Sursound] Getting rid of a Lake HURON

Ben, hi - I see David pipped me to it, but as a runner up - I'd be interested; it would make a good Master's project for one of our students to get it functioning and used in a contemporary setting (such as a small 2nd order rig for touring)

cheers

ppl

Dr. Peter Lennox SFHEA

Senior Lecturer in Perception

College of Arts, Humanities and Education

School of Arts

e: ***@derby.ac.uk<mailto:***@derby.ac.uk>

t: 01332 593155

https://derby.academia.edu/peterlennox

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Lennox

University of Derby,
Kedleston Road,
Derby,
DE22 1GB, UK

________________________________
We are having a clear out and have come across our old Lake HURON which
has DSP cards for 16 channels of in/out.
I believe it is now 20 years old so a real ambisonics antique!
If anyone out there is interested in taking it off our hands and getting
it running again, please send me a message.

Thanks,

Ben

GILLIERON SCOTT

gsacoustics.org

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic.
If you believe this was sent to you in error, please reply to the sender and let them know.

Key University contacts: http://www.derby.ac.uk/its/contacts/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Cor, that brings back memories of bunches of 56000 DSP's keeping my office
warm at York in the early 90's. This was during the development phase of
the National Centre for Popular Music (known by us as the National Car
Park) the Sheffield based Lottery funded project which sadly ended up
failing** On the better side there was hearing my first head-tracked
binaural from FOA at Lake's stand at the VR93 conference in 1993. Good
machine, needed a better development environment and a (much) lower price.

Dave

**well, if the least of the problems is that you let architects determine
loudspeaker positions on the basis of what looks good (resulting in the
lower ring of speakers being more or less at ear height instead of below
people's feet as we had designed it) and not having dressing rooms when you
want live acts to perform, things aren't going to go well.
Hi,