[Sursound] Multi-channel Dante Mic Pre?
Len Moskowitz
2018-08-09 13:45:26 UTC
Does anyone know of an 8 (or more than 8) channel mic pre that operates
over Dante networks?

All leads appreciated!

Len Moskowitz (***@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic and OctoMic
Jesus Ramallo

Len Moskowitz
2018-08-09 14:09:24 UTC
Wow - thanks for that lead!

If I read that correctly, the DAD AX32 can have up to 48 mic pres over
Dante.

Pair it with the Sound Devices 970 64-track Dante recorder.

-----
DAD AX32
Chris Woolf
2018-08-09 13:54:25 UTC
Grace Design M108 with a Dante card?

Not cheap but mic amps that behave very nicely.

Chris Woolf
Post by Len Moskowitz
Does anyone know of an 8 (or more than 8) channel mic pre that
operates over Dante networks?
All leads appreciated!
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic and OctoMic
here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.
---
Brian FG Katz
2018-08-10 06:54:45 UTC
To add a bit into this discussion, we have recently invested in the Auvitran audio toolbox platform, a modular interface which allows for the construction of a Dante interface with a variety of input/output modules. These include XLR mic preamps as well as ADAT I/O so that we can also use our existing hardware (RME octamic, etc.) over Dante.

--
Brian FG Katz
Groupe Lutheries - Acoustique – Musique
http://www.dalembert.upmc.fr/home/katz
Len Moskowitz
2018-08-10 16:21:28 UTC
Thanks, Brian.

That Auvitran Toolbox looks like a very flexible platform.

With a single Sound Device 970 recorder (64 tracks), and either a DAD
AX32 (or four RME Octamic XTCs feeding the Auvitran ADAT interface), it
looks like recording 32 mic channels (or more) will be pretty
straightforward.

For lower cost, we could replace the RMEs with MOTU 8Pre USBs.