[Sursound] Linux support for Octomic
Fons Adriaensen
2018-03-27 19:21:03 UTC
Hello all,

This is to announce that I will support Core Sound's new Octomic
<http://www.core-sound.com/OctoMic/1.php> in the same way as the
Tetramic.

Currently the 'octofile' program is available. This is a command
line file processor performing the A/B conversion. Input can be
1, 2, 4, or 8 files (raw capsule signals), output is a 2nd order
Ambisonic file in either the legacy FuMa/amb format, or the now
de facto standard Ambix format (SN3D/ACN), or even N3D/ACN if
you want that. Output can be wav, aiff, caf, or flac.

A real-time processor 'octoproc' will follow in a month or so.
This will have the same features as tetraproc: Jack interface,
real-time A/B conversion, metering and stereo monitoring.

The software will be available free (in source form) to anyone
who has bought or ordered an OctoMic.

Ciao,
FA
Bearcat Şándor
2018-03-27 21:37:57 UTC
Fantastic news Fons. Thank you for your continuing great work in bringing
we audio/Linux geeks great software and the ability to run with the Mac and
Windows users.
Post by Fons Adriaensen
[...]
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Bearcat M. Şándor
Feline Soul Systems LLC
Can we expect Octoproc to be released as free software
(with a free/libre license like Tetraproc),
without requiring to buy an OctoMic?
--
Marc