2018-04-20 04:07:34 UTC
After a long while, I've decided it is finally time to update my Android
app AmbiExplorer [
I'm developing it on my spare time but I'm hoping to include at least these
- Add HOA playback, up to 3rd order using Google's Resonance decoder (for
now, later will try to add a variety of HRTF selections)
- Include Google's Resonance decoder as an option for FOA playback in
addition to the current HRTF sets
- Support both FuMa and AmbiX formats
- Possibly support TBA (Facebook 360 Audio)
- Support loading custom HRTFs (I also want to look into possibly adding
- I've also considered adding a VR mode where the user would be placed in a
visually neutral space (dimly lit) as an alternative to head-tracked
headphones (this might also elicit a more focused listening attitude), and
possibly add the option of assigning 360 panoramas to audio files to be
displayed during playback.
These updates will be released in stages during this year but the first 3
are already on their way and hopefully will be released soon.
If anyone has any feedback about these updates or would like to suggest any
other features or changes please let me know!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...