New SPARTA release
Add Reply
McCormack Leo
2018-11-01 11:08:19 UTC
Hello all,

I’m pleased to announce a new release of the open-source SPARTA plug-in suite, for both Windows (x64) and MacOSX (10.9+). It includes: HOA decoders, a VBAP panner, Ambisonic visualisers, a microphone array to ambisonic convertor; amongst others.

Download Link: http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/sparta_vsts/
Source code: https://github.com/leomccormack/SPARTA

For those already familiar with the library, there have been some pretty substantial changes since the initial launch back in May, but some that spring to mind the most are:
- Added a new dedicated binaural Ambisonic decoder (AmbiBIN), with built-in and rotator for head-tracking via OSC messages, and a SOFA loader.
- All Ambisonic related plugins now support orders 1-7 in the one plug-in
- Thanks to the help of Daniel Rudrich, the relevant plug-ins now support importing/exporting of json files for the loudspeaker/source/microphone directions, which are cross-compatible with the IEM plug-in suite
- Windows versions of AmbiDEC and Binauraliser now also support SOFA loading.
- Warning messages are now displayed if there are insufficient number of channels for the current setting (this was catching me out occasionally too!)
- And a plethora of general bug fixes, major bug fixes, and minor improvements, which have no doubt introduced many more; hence the beta release ;)

Cheers,
Leo

P.S. Apologies, for any cross-posting

Hi All

Not exactly a surround sound topic, but maybe it hasn't been mentioned
in Sursound yet, that the latest RX7 version from Izotope has now
multichannel
support. RX plugins now have a maximum of seven audio channels.

I really have use for multichannel noise reduction, and would have had
already
ages ago. The Soundfield microphone recordings that I made with
different SFM models
were hissy. I often tried to record quiet ambiences and that's when the
mic's self noise
didn't sound good at all. I did try to do noise reduction with stereo
plugins, but you can
never know what happens to the phase differences between the signal
pairs and that
does bad to the sound image.

Eero
Gary Gallagher
2018-11-06 10:34:23 UTC
I noticed that. It doesn't recognize ambisonic but it will import a 4
channel file as quad. It might work, I'm not sure if it varies the
processing between channels in anyway.

Gary
Post by Eero Aro
Hi All
Not exactly a surround sound topic, but maybe it hasn't been mentioned
in Sursound yet, that the latest RX7 version from Izotope has now
multichannel
support. RX plugins now have a maximum of seven audio channels.
I really have use for multichannel noise reduction, and would have had
already
ages ago. The Soundfield microphone recordings that I made with
different SFM models
were hissy. I often tried to record quiet ambiences and that's when the
mic's self noise
didn't sound good at all. I did try to do noise reduction with stereo
plugins, but you can
never know what happens to the phase differences between the signal
pairs and that
does bad to the sound image.
Eero
edit account or options, view archives and so on.