[Sursound] Open HeadTracking Initiative OHTI - Release announcement
Bo-Erik Sandholm
2018-05-18 12:56:00 UTC
I want to present OHTI, a combination of open Software, Firmware and HW for
listening to Ambisonic recordings in Ambix format and with a plan for
listening to channel based Audio in the future,

The Manifesto at
https://github.com/bossesand/OHTI/blob/master/OHTI%20v.14.doc describe the
current status and the plans for the future on a technical level soutable
for sursound members.

All the software and descriptions of needed HW is available at
https://github.com/bossesand/OHTI

The Headtracker is using BLE for communication with the host software and
is built with nrf52832 and BNO055 for drift free headtracking.
All of the host software is JS/node.js or JS/HTML5 based to allow it to
work on many different platforms.

We have in this alpha release Ambisonic 2 players implementations with
headtracking activated using Omnitone or JSAmbisonics.

We also describe how to convert a personal HRTF SOFA file for use with each
of the players.

We have tested the implementations on Linux (Ubuntu), OSX and Win10 with
HTML5 capable Browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

We have received support or assistance from a number of members on the
sursound list since the slow start in 2014.

We hope for continued support and assistance in this effort to make
headphone sound more realistic ( out of the head ) and promote surround
sound for music and not only in VR context.

We also hope that you can make it possible to use this headtracker with
other Ambisonic Soundfield Binaural decodes.
We do of course also appreciate any corrections or further assistance in
development of this concept.

Best Regards

Open Headtracking Initiative for Audio (OHTI)

Bo-Erik Sandholm, Stockholm

Roger Sandholm, Stockholm

Stefan Schreiber, Lisbon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
This is great Bo-Erik! I will definitively look into adding support to
AmbiExplorer for this tracker. I found a couple of sources online where to
buy the components but I was wondering if there's any particular breakout
boards for those ICs that you would recommend (both for the F52832 BT/SoC
and the BNO055 IMU). I would like to also look into designing a 3D
printable enclosure for it.

Cheers!

Hector
Post by Bo-Erik Sandholm
[...]
Any assistance in creating JS code to interface to reaper rotational vst's
from our host module would be a great bonus : -)

I will try to update my earlieriest USB version based on bno055 and
arduino328p which is 3,3volt with a usb serial interface.

Bo-Erik

On 18 May 2018 16:41, "Bruce Wiggins" <***@gmail.com> wrote:

We've been using Mr Head Tracker here at Derby, for use with Reaper (with
the same gyro). Your project looks like a great addition to the head
tracking landscape :-)
https://git.iem.at/DIY/MrHeadTracker

cheers

Bruce Wiggins
Post by Hector Centeno
Post by Bo-Erik Sandholm
HTML5 capable Browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
We have received support or assistance from a number of members on the
sursound list since the slow start in 2014.
We hope for continued support and assistance in this effort to make
headphone sound more realistic ( out of the head ) and promote surround
sound for music and not only in VR context.
We also hope that you can make it possible to use this headtracker with
other Ambisonic Soundfield Binaural decodes.
We do of course also appreciate any corrections or further assistance in
development of this concept.
Best Regards
Open Headtracking Initiative for Audio (OHTI)
Bo-Erik Sandholm, Stockholm
Roger Sandholm, Stockholm
Stefan Schreiber, Lisbon
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
Here is the current verified hw list:
github.com/bossesand/OHTI/blob/master/OHTI-build-Hardware/Parts%20and%20build%20instructions.rtf

I have bought a few smaller modules, on mobile only now.
Will be back...
Bo-Erik

This is what I have bought,
Post by Bo-Erik Sandholm
[...]
thanks! always curious about new tracking approaches. small but
unavoidable nitpick: a fscking word document in a github repo? why oh why?
--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Tuinbouwstraat 180, 1097 ZB Amsterdam, Nederland

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Tonmeister VDT
http://stackingdwarves.net