[Sursound] [allowed] Re: A-format to B-format Conversion and Calibration Files
Gerard Lardner
2018-06-06 22:42:52 UTC
It works! The User Interface is not as slick as VVEncode, but it works
in Reaper. Likewise, Visual Virtual Mic (VST) and ATK FOA Decode Stereo
(JS) both worked in place of VVDecode.

Gerard
Thanks, Paul. I just downloaded VVTetraVST this evening and will try it.
As I said in the OP, I am experiencing some problems with VVEncode;
Are you using VVEncode v1.1?  This fixed multiple problems which I
reported.
Also, for the Core Sound style of calibration using IIR files, there's
the older VVTetraVST - Again, you need to use the latest v1.8 which
fixed similar problems.
Paul
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

you have VVencode:
https://www.vvaudio.com/products/VVEncode

and XVolver:
http://www.angelofarina.it/X-volver.htm

as VST options.

Emanuele
What A-format to B-format VST encoders exist that can encode
recordings from an ambisonic microphone for which I have calibration
files in the form of IIRs? I can use the stand-alone version of VVMic;
it works well. But is there a reliable VST equivalent that will use
the same calibration files?
I know about VVEncode; but I am having some problems with it. I think
these may be down to my PC rather than to VVEncode, which is why I
would like to try an alternative.
The mic in question is a Brahma, but it was re-calibrated in VVMic
format.
A second question: Is there any way to convert calibration files from
IIR format (as used by VVMic) into .WAV format (as used by X-Volver or
Brahmavolver) and vice versa?
here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.
David Pickett
2018-06-06 16:23:06 UTC
Pardon my ignorance, but may I ask, for information, about these
calibration files in the form of IIRs? How do these relate to the
A-format wavfiles of a first order microphone? Or are they used as a
means of converting the raw capsule signals into A-format by some
kind of concatenation, or other algorithm? What is the relationship
between IIR files and the .WAV format referred to in the last line below?

Perhaps, because of my ignorance, I am asking the wrong questions and
maybe all this is written up somewhere; in which case, I should be
glad to know where I can read about it.

Many thanks!

David
Gerard Lardner
2018-06-06 19:53:10 UTC
Hi David,

I'm not really the right person to answer your question, but maybe this
page:
http://www.angelofarina.it/Public/B-format/A2B-conversion/A2B-Xvolver.htm
and some of the links off it will help. The "virtual microphone" paper
referenced about a third of the way down gives more detail.

Best regards,

Gerard