[Sursound] Ambisonic Sound Stage in Vermont- Need Advise!
Scott Wood
2017-05-26 14:53:27 UTC
Greetings!
I have been following this group for several years and recently renovated a barn which has allowed me to consider setting up a Surround Sound Stage for playback and recording. I recently was did a workshop with Chris Watson from the UK where we used a Schoeps DMS set up, a DPA 5100 Surround, a Senn Ambio and a Soundfield MK2 ambisonic microphone. I have been motivated to move forward on setting up my speaker array and related hardware, but I am an architect and not a recording engineer and realize that I need some help with this!!
I live about 3 hours south of Montreal, and 30 min north of Hanover, NH in Newbury, Vermont, and am wondering if there is anyone out there who might be able to advise/assist me in setting up an ambisonic speaker array/system in my barn. The would be done on a professional basis up to a point as this is a non commercial venture at this point.
So, I hope this isn't too vague but if there is anyone out there who might be able to help with this project, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you and your advice!
Best
Scott WoodNewbury, Vermont