Discussion:
Call: Europe's Second Student 3D Audio Production Competition, Nov 2018, TMT, Cologne
(too old to reply)
Franz Zotter
2018-04-03 07:49:16 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Dear colleagues & friends,

We are happy to announce that the 30th Tonmeistertagung will host
Europe’s Second Student 3D Audio Production Competition in Ambisonics,
Nov. 14th to 17th, 2018, Cologne, Germany.

Call: Students working with spatial music, spatial recording, and who
are interested in spatialized sound are invited to participate by
submitting short works (4min) to the second Student 3D Audio Production
Competition. The submission portal
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2018
is open for submissions until the end of June 2018.
There are three submission categories:

(1) contemporary / computer music
(2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes
(3) music recording / studio production.

The format requirements for preparing a submission and tools to check
are given here
https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition/
and of course you can get in touch if there are questions: <***@iem.at>

An international jury will assess the submissions concerning the
creative and technical quality, providing feedback to all the
participants of the competition. Based on the resulting ranking, the
finalists will be selected for presentation at TMT30. The finalists will
be notified and requested to attend the finals at TMT30 in order to
receive their award, the jury’s comments, and say a few words about
their submissions.

The Tonmeistertagung is the large Convention of the Tonmeister Society
of Germany. The finalists’ work will be presented during the finals and
awards played back with a hemispherical loudspeaker setup with over 20
loudspeakers. (https://tonmeistertagung.com/)


Best regards,

Franz Zotter
Matthias Frank
Daniel Rudrich
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Stefani Renner
David Pickett
2018-04-03 11:20:18 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I looked at the website listed below, regarding
student submissions, where it says:

(1) contemporary / computer music,
(2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes
(3) music recording / studio production.

The required format to deliver is a 5th order
Ambisonic track as multi-channel file
____________________________________________

5th order??? Come on!

How many people are making music, drama or
documentary recordings at that resolution without faking it?

It doesnt say so; but I hope that a recording
with only the WXY(Z) components would be
acceptable, as there are an excellent student
recording in that format would certainly deserve a prize!

David


At 09:49 03-04-18, Franz Zotter wrote:

>Dear colleagues & friends,
>
>We are happy to announce that the 30th
>Tonmeistertagung will host Europe’s Second
>Student 3D Audio Production Competition in
>Ambisonics, Nov. 14th to 17th, 2018, Cologne, Germany.
>
>Call: Students working with spatial music,
>spatial recording, and who are interested in
>spatialized sound are invited to participate by
>submitting short works (4min) to the second
>Student 3D Audio Production Competition. The submission portal
>https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2018
>is open for submissions until the end of June 2018.
>There are three submission categories:
>
>(1) contemporary / computer music
>(2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes
>(3) music recording / studio production.
>
>The format requirements for preparing a
>submission and tools to check are given here
>https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition/
>and of course you can get in touch if there are questions: <***@iem.at>
>
>An international jury will assess the
>submissions concerning the creative and
>technical quality, providing feedback to all the
>participants of the competition. Based on the
>resulting ranking, the finalists will be
>selected for presentation at TMT30. The
>finalists will be notified and requested to
>attend the finals at TMT30 in order to receive
>their award, the jury’s comments, and say a
>few words about their submissions.
>
>The Tonmeistertagung is the large Convention of
>the Tonmeister Society of Germany. The
>finalists’ work will be presented during the
>finals and awards played back with a
>hemispherical loudspeaker setup with over 20
>loudspeakers. (https://tonmeistertagung.com/)
>
>
>Best regards,
>
>Franz Zotter
>Matthias Frank
>Daniel Rudrich
>Jörn Nettingsmeier
>Stefani Renner
>_______________________________________________
>Sursound mailing list
>***@music.vt.edu
>https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/listinfo/sursound
>- unsubscribe here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.
David Pickett
2018-04-03 11:26:46 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
At 13:20 03-04-18, David Pickett wrote:
>It doesnt say so; but I hope that a recording with only the WXY(Z)
>components would be acceptable, as there are an excellent student
>recording in that format would certainly deserve a prize!

Correction:

I hope that a recording with only the WXY(Z) components would be
acceptable, as an excellent student recording in that format would
certainly deserve a prize!

David
Franz Zotter
2018-06-27 17:03:05 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hi,
A reminder: the regular deadline (June 30th) for those who would like to
submit contributions to Europe's Second Student 3D Audio Production
Competition is approaching. Don't miss submitting!
:) Franz


Am 03.04.2018 um 09:49 schrieb Franz Zotter:
> Dear colleagues & friends,
>
> We are happy to announce that the 30th Tonmeistertagung will host
> Europe’s Second Student 3D Audio Production Competition in Ambisonics,
> Nov. 14th to 17th, 2018, Cologne, Germany.
>
> Call: Students working with spatial music, spatial recording, and who
> are interested in spatialized sound are invited to participate by
> submitting short works (4min) to the second Student 3D Audio Production
> Competition. The submission portal
> https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2018
> is open for submissions until the end of June 2018.
> There are three submission categories:
>
> (1) contemporary / computer music
> (2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes
> (3) music recording / studio production.
>
> The format requirements for preparing a submission and tools to check
> are given here
> https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition/
> and of course you can get in touch if there are questions: <***@iem.at>
>
> An international jury will assess the submissions concerning the
> creative and technical quality, providing feedback to all the
> participants of the competition. Based on the resulting ranking, the
> finalists will be selected for presentation at TMT30. The finalists will
> be notified and requested to attend the finals at TMT30 in order to
> receive their award, the jury’s comments, and say a few words about
> their submissions.
>
> The Tonmeistertagung is the large Convention of the Tonmeister Society
> of Germany. The finalists’ work will be presented during the finals and
> awards played back with a hemispherical loudspeaker setup with over 20
> loudspeakers. (https://tonmeistertagung.com/)
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Franz Zotter
> Matthias Frank
> Daniel Rudrich
> Jörn Nettingsmeier
> Stefani Renner
> _______________________________________________
> Sursound mailing list
> ***@music.vt.edu
> https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/listinfo/sursound - unsubscribe here,
> edit account or options, view archives and so on.

--
Dr Franz Zotter
http://iaem.at/Members/zotter
Institut für Elektronische Musik und Akustik
Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst
Tel.: +43(0)316/389 - 3382
Mob.:+43(0)650/9688373
Inffeldgasse 10
A - 8010 Graz
Franz Zotter
2018-07-02 07:40:12 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Dear all, due to numerous requests, the deadline for submissions will be
extended to July 8th; so doors are wide open again, happy submitting!
Cheers,
Franz

online information:
https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition

submission page:
https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition/easychair-website-for-submission


Am 27.06.2018 um 19:03 schrieb Franz Zotter:
> Hi,
> A reminder: the regular deadline (June 30th) for those who would like to
> submit contributions to Europe's Second Student 3D Audio Production
> Competition is approaching. Don't miss submitting!
> :) Franz
>
>
> Am 03.04.2018 um 09:49 schrieb Franz Zotter:
>> Dear colleagues & friends,
>>
>> We are happy to announce that the 30th Tonmeistertagung will host
>> Europe’s Second Student 3D Audio Production Competition in Ambisonics,
>> Nov. 14th to 17th, 2018, Cologne, Germany.
>>
>> Call: Students working with spatial music, spatial recording, and who
>> are interested in spatialized sound are invited to participate by
>> submitting short works (4min) to the second Student 3D Audio
>> Production Competition. The submission portal
>> https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2018
>> is open for submissions until the end of June 2018.
>> There are three submission categories:
>>
>> (1) contemporary / computer music
>> (2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes
>> (3) music recording / studio production.
>>
>> The format requirements for preparing a submission and tools to check
>> are given here
>> https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/call-for-europes-second-student-3d-audio-production-competition/
>> and of course you can get in touch if there are questions:
>> <***@iem.at>
>>
>> An international jury will assess the submissions concerning the
>> creative and technical quality, providing feedback to all the
>> participants of the competition. Based on the resulting ranking, the
>> finalists will be selected for presentation at TMT30. The finalists
>> will be notified and requested to attend the finals at TMT30 in order
>> to receive their award, the jury’s comments, and say a few words about
>> their submissions.
>>
>> The Tonmeistertagung is the large Convention of the Tonmeister Society
>> of Germany. The finalists’ work will be presented during the finals
>> and awards played back with a hemispherical loudspeaker setup with
>> over 20 loudspeakers. (https://tonmeistertagung.com/)
>>
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Franz Zotter
>> Matthias Frank
>> Daniel Rudrich
>> Jörn Nettingsmeier
>> Stefani Renner
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sursound mailing list
>> ***@music.vt.edu
>> https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/listinfo/sursound - unsubscribe
>> here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.
>
Loading...