Sennheiser Ambeo
len moskowitz
2016-11-11 17:25:18 UTC
Any word about calibration?
We've heard from Sennheiser representatives on Facebook that they are
not calibrating each Ambeo individually, but rather are using a generic
calibration for all examples of that microphone. That is much like what
TSL Products is doing with their SoundField SPS200.

In contrast, each TetraMic comes with its own calibration.

Bo-Erik (Bosse) Sandholm has posted the first B-format recordings that
compare Ambeo to TetraMic:

  https://soundcloud.com/user-740566308/

You can also download them from there.

I listened to them with a Blumlein decode and six-channel horizontal
surround decode using David McGriffy's "VVMic for TetraMic".

In my opinion, his two recordings of the Pygme Jazz Band are
particularly revealing.

Len Moskowitz (***@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic
Alvin Foster
2016-11-12 22:03:05 UTC
Jim

Alvin Foster
Sent from cell phoneOn Nov 11, 2016 12:25 PM, len moskowitz wrote: > > Back in September, Paul Hodges asked: > > > Any word about calibration? > > We've heard from Sennheiser representatives on Facebook that they are > not calibrating each Ambeo individually, but rather are using a generic > calibration for all examples of that microphone. That is much like what > TSL Products is doing with their SoundField SPS200. > > In contrast, each TetraMic comes with its own calibration. > > Bo-Erik (Bosse) Sandholm has posted  the first B-format recordings that > compare Ambeo to TetraMic: > >   https://soundcloud.com/user-740566308/ > > You can also download them from there. > > I listened to them with a Blumlein decode and six-channel horizontal > surround decode using David McGriffy's "VVMic for TetraMic". > > In my opinion, his two recordings of the Pygme Jazz Band are > particularly revealing. > > Len Moskowitz (***@core-sound.com) > Core Sound LLC > www.core-sound.com > Home of TetraMic > > _______________________________________________ > Sursound mailing list > ***@music.vt.edu > https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/listinfo/sursound - unsubscribe here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.