Binaural broadcasts | Lithuania
Jurgis Jarašius
2016-11-10 12:25:07 UTC
Dear all,

Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Music Innovation Studies Centre
already for the second time presents binaural broadcasts of contemporary
music concerts from ambisonic (23.2 loudspeakers) sphere. Were kindly
invite you to join in and discover merits of this spatial sound format.

This year we are also using 360° (virtual reality) video possibilities,
which would add to the immersion of virtual listeners of the concert.

In 4 broadcasts we will listen to the compositions of two famous Lithuanian
composers - Juste Janulyte and Mindaugas Urbaitis. All broadcast times and
links are available at tv.lmta.lt.

Time of broadcasts:

2016-11-08, 18.00 CET JANULYTE
2016-11-09, 18.00 CET JANULYTE

2016-11-17, 18.00 CET URBAITIS
2016-11-18, 18.00 CET URBAITIS

With this email we intend to reach research and artistic centers, companies
dealing with audiovisual technologies, and other entities working in
similar spheres. We hope this information is relevant for you. We are
experimenting with spatial sound broadcasts hoping to contribute towards
discovering the best ways to deal with arts and technology in similar
situations through internet.

We kindly ask you to join into broadcast and/or inform interested
colleagues at your institution. We are very much interested in any feedback
provided by email: ***@lmta.lt.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind attention!

Sincerely,

LMTA MiSC
Post by Jurgis Jarašius
Dear all,
Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Music Innovation Studies Centre
already for the second time presents binaural broadcasts of contemporary
music concerts from ambisonic (23.2 loudspeakers) sphere.
Isn't this just a 22.2 (format neutral) Hamasaki loudspeaker
installation? (You could "drive" 22.2 installations also via VBAP - and
other panning techniques.)

If 23.2 would be a real "sphere" installation, I don't know any layout
which seems to fit. (21.2 and 22.2 could make some sense as sphere
layout for TOA; 23.2 not.)
Post by Jurgis Jarašius
Were kindly
invite you to join in and discover merits of this spatial sound format.
Which one? Panned sources, Ambisonics or the binaural broadcast result(s)?

My questions seem to be quite necessary, BTW.

Best,

Stefan
Post by Jurgis Jarašius
This year we are also using 360° (virtual reality) video possibilities,
which would add to the immersion of virtual listeners of the concert.
So could you turn your head? In 360º video yes, but not w/ (2-channel)
binaural audio...
Frankly, video and audio doesn't seem to fit together.