multichannel VST recorder os x
Oliver Larkin
2017-06-20 21:14:54 UTC
hello,

does anyone know of a VST plug-in that will record a valid 16 channel wav file on os x? would rather not join mono files manually

thanks,

oli
Oliver Larkin
2017-06-20 21:23:00 UTC
audiounit also acceptable
oli
Aaron Heller
2017-06-21 04:23:43 UTC
Oli... Perhaps more than you wanted, but Plogue Bidule has a 16-channel
recorder (up to 32 ch) and is available as VST and AU plugins. It will also
host VST and AU plugins, and do many other types of processing. There is a
standalone version as well that interfaces to audio devices directly.

https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/

I have used it for years on Macs and it is has been very dependable.

Aaron (***@ai.sri.com)
Menlo Park, CA US
Post by Oliver Larkin
audiounit also acceptable
Post by Oliver Larkin
hello,
does anyone know of a VST plug-in that will record a valid 16 channel
wav file on os x? would rather not join mono files manually
Post by Oliver Larkin
thanks,
oli
edit account or options, view archives and so on.

Acousmodules has 8, 16 and 24-track VST recorders, but unfortunately
they are not Mac VST type. At least I think they aren't.

http://acousmodules.free.fr/reservoir.htm

MultiRec 16 almost at the bottom of the page.

Eero
Oliver Larkin
2017-06-21 20:13:30 UTC
thanks for the suggestions everyone

indeed I like to record in reaper, but was having a hard time with jack

it doesn't look like I can get loopback to show up with reaper

I was trying to record in max msp with sfrecord~, it seems to have issues with multichannel wav files, but aif are ok

I had tried bidule, but it looked like it was going to record 16 mono files

I knocked together a simple plug-in using the icst dsp library, which seems to work ok with multichannel wav

cheers

oli
Oliver Larkin
Aaron Heller
2017-06-22 04:42:36 UTC
The setting in Bidule's Audio File Recorder is a bit confusing here... if you set "Channels per File" to "Stereo" it records all the channels in a single file, regardless of the number.
Joseph G. Tylka
2017-06-22 16:19:42 UTC
Hi all,

Maybe it depends on which version of Bidule we're talking about, but I
think just un-checking "Create multiple files" causes the recorder to save
as a single multichannel file, irrespective of the "Channels per file"
setting. At least in the version I'm using (0.9755), with "Create multiple
files" checked, the recorder saves 16 channels as either 16 mono files or 8
stereo files, depending on the "Channels per file" setting.

Best,

Joe
Subject: Re: [Sursound] multichannel VST recorder os x
--
Joseph G. Tylka
Doctoral Candidate in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering