OT: email client settings
Add Reply
Marc Lavallée
2018-08-21 00:53:36 UTC
Dear list users.

My email address appeared in a reply to the latest thread.

Email clients should not include email addresses in attributions (when
replying).

One possible way to avoid it is to turn off HTML when composing messages.

Thanks for your attention.

Marc
Charlie Richmond
2018-08-21 03:34:50 UTC
If I understand you correctly, every email list I have ever been on
includes the email address of anyone replying to a post via the list, so
what you describe would be highly unusual.

Charlie

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:53 PM, Marc Lavallée <***@hacklava.net> wrote:

> Dear list users.
>
> My email address appeared in a reply to the latest thread.
>
> Email clients should not include email addresses in attributions (when
> replying).
>
> One possible way to avoid it is to turn off HTML when composing messages.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Marc

* Charlie Richmond - http://www.RichmondSoundDesign.com
<http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/>
* Viber: +16047159441 Skype, LinkedIn & Twitter: charlierichmond
* facebook: charlie.richmond
* facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832>
* google.com/+CharlieRichmond google.com/+Richmondsounddesign
Le 20/08/2018 à 23:34, Charlie Richmond a écrit :

> If I understand you correctly, every email list I have ever been on
> includes the email address of anyone replying to a post via the list, so
> what you describe would be highly unusual.
>
> Charlie

Hi Charlie (and all),

Each email client is different. At least some email clients don't
include the email address of a post in the body of a reply.

Usually, public archives of email lists  are partly obfuscating email
addresses, so we will survive. Still, I will try, as much as possible
(and when I think about it), to delete email adresses in the body of my
replies (to email lists).

Please excuse my quasi-useless and very OT intervention; I'm aware that
fighting spam is a lost cause (like trying to avoid plastic or stop
global warming).

Marc

Marc Lavallée
2018-09-15 15:40:03 UTC
I just want to apologize for my last post to the list: I used an
improperly configured email client, so all email addresses are in clear
in the message body. The one I'm using now is Thunderbird (because the
Mozilla foundation care about such things).

Le 21/08/2018 à 08:45, Marc Lavallée a écrit :

> Each email client is different. At least some email clients don't
> include the email address of a post in the body of a reply.
>
> Usually, public archives of email lists  are partly obfuscating email
> addresses, so we will survive. Still, I will try, as much as possible
> (and when I think about it), to delete email adresses in the body of
> my replies (to email lists).
>
> Please excuse my quasi-useless and very OT intervention; I'm aware
> that fighting spam is a lost cause (like trying to avoid plastic or
> stop global warming).

Marc