Re Re Soncam
James Anthony Enda Bates
2017-05-26 16:41:01 UTC
Interesting alright, although yeah with 64 mics I'd be a little worried
about the high frequency reconstruction and noise alright. I'm not
surprised it outputs Ambisonics though, as that really is pretty standard
now in the 360 video domain and most realise that 3rd order will be the
standard soon (ish!).

I have heard from a few different people who are shooting lots of 360
video/audio professionally that although having the mics built into the
camera sounds like a great idea, there are actually often lots of good
reasons to do it with a dedicated mic, especially for pro work.

Btw I meet the people behind this mic (http://www.zylia.co) at AES last
weekend and they inform me a software update is coming which will allow for
up to 3rd order Ambisonics. The original idea of the mic was not really
aimed at Ambisonics, but a 3rd order mic for about €1000 is definitely
interesting. I believe it has 19 capsules.
enda
--
Dr. Enda Bates
Teaching / Research Fellow

+353 1 896 1434
***@tcd.ie
www.endabates.net <http://www.endabates.net>www.tcd.ie
very high production value in that marketing vid.....
Post by James Anthony Enda Bates
[...]
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD