Anyone in Munich?
Oddity Medium
2018-04-03 07:05:31 UTC
Hello, this summer I will do a show at the Kunstverein Munich (here are
pictures for a sense of scale
<http://www.kunstverein-muenchen.de/en/program/exhibitions/archive/2013/rebecca-warren-the-living>)
and am planning on ambisonic sound.

Will I need an insane array of speakers? Can I get away with 4? or the
Sonible/IEM
IKO <http://iko.sonible.com/>?

I will prolly use the Brahma-in-Zoom - any thoughts/opinions on Brahma mics?

Also - anyone in Munich? Hit me up, I will come visit soon.
On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 09:05:31AM +0200, Oddity Medium wrote:

> Hello, this summer I will do a show at the Kunstverein Munich (here are
> pictures for a sense of scale
> <http://www.kunstverein-muenchen.de/en/program/exhibitions/archive/2013/rebecca-warren-the-living>)
> and am planning on ambisonic sound.

First of all, if you are seeking help, at least have the decency of presenting
yourself with your real name.

> Will I need an insane array of speakers? Can I get away with 4? or the
> Sonible/IEM
> IKO <http://iko.sonible.com/>?

Depends entirely on what you want to achieve. Directional speakers like
the Sonible are based on the same mathematical theory as Ambisonics, but
apart form that they have nothing at all to do with Ambisonic reproduction.
That you are confusing the two tells me that you currently have little or
no understanding of Ambisonics.

> I will prolly use the Brahma-in-Zoom - any thoughts/opinions on Brahma mics?

I have some thoughts/opinions on those, but since it's absolutely
unclear what you want to do, they are of no use here.

> Also - anyone in Munich? Hit me up, I will come visit soon.

I'm based in Munich. Feel free to contact me off-list.

FA
Oddity Medium
2018-04-05 16:39:25 UTC
how do i change my name on the list? can't see any "settings" anywhere.

thanks fons, i sent you an email.

Oddity Medium wrote:

> how do i change my name on the list? can't see any "settings" anywhere.

I am sending this to the list in case anyone
else desires to do this.

Visit:

To change your subscription options, scroll to
the bottom where it says "Unsubscribe or edit
options". After entering your password, on
the next screen complete "Your name
(optional):" and hit "Change My Address And
Name". Simple really :-)

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese stanfordalumni.org
Web: http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/
David Pickett
2018-04-06 18:39:10 UTC
Posting this again with a relevant Subject Heading. Others (except
for Martin!) please take care to change the title if your post is
about something other than it says! :)