[allowed] Re: Strange 'buzz' in Ambisonic recording
Gerard Lardner
2018-05-12 19:42:29 UTC
OK. I tried. But VVEncode is not seeing/opening/reading the Richard Lee
calibration files; but VVMic /does/ work with the Richard Lee
calibration files and it is with those files that I don't have any problem.

I've written now to David McGriffy asking about any difference between
the calibration file formats for VVMic and VVEncode. Maybe I'm just
doing something wrong again, though they are saved in the folders listed
as the default places VVEncoder searches.

FWIW, I've tried to save a copy of the B-format of the same sample of
music in the same Dropbox as before,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sa6mvgfxuo2cxao/AACrbYW96VbxwIB2ZFDJS17ua?dl=0.
I'm not sure if I have actually exported the B-format track correctly,
but it sounds right in Harpex Player, except that the buzz is missing.

Gerard Lardner

--On 12 May 2018 20:42 +0100 Gerard Lardner <***@iol.ie> wrote:

> But VVEncode is not seeing/opening/reading the Richard Lee
> calibration files;

I had this problem, and also incorrect processing of some files; as a
result Dave has updated VVEncode to correct both errors, so it's worth
checking you've got the latest version.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges