wireless speaker/transmission recommendations
jim moses
2016-11-16 20:57:39 UTC
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions for an installation project. I need to transmit
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
If you are looking for a soundcard that gives you almost endless possibilities I have made a few large project for exhibitions (at Moesgaard Museum, Denmark) and can recommend RME soundcards (fireface 2) with the included routing system Totalmix.
It works.
I´m not associated with the company.

You can read about my work here: http://www.asoundeffect.com/museum-sound-design/?utm_source=sme&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sme_share <http://www.asoundeffect.com/museum-sound-design/?utm_source=sme&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sme_share>

Regards
Søren Bendixen
Post by jim moses
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions for an installation project. I need to transmit
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.
Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
Brown University Music Department and M.E.M.E. (Multimedia and Electronic
Music Experiments)
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Søren Bendixen
Composer/Sound Designer/Producer

Winner of Monitor Industry Award 2016 for the exhibition “Gladiator”, At Moesgaard Museum

Company: Søren Bendixen & Anette Krag
***@gmail.com
+45 60624394
www.soerenbendixen.com <http://soerenbendixen.com/>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/S%C3%B8ren-Bendixen/187054771374939>
Soundcloud <https://soundcloud.com/you/sets>

Buy the soundtrack “The First Emperor - China´s Terracotta Army
Post by jim moses
on cd <http://soerenbendixen.com/shop.ehtml>
Digital Download <https://itunes.apple.com/dk/album/first-emperor-chinas-terracotta/id1029519718?l=da>
How short and would there be anything between the transmitter and the
receiver (eg walls, people walking aroudn etc) . Theres a few stereo
options such as the stealth wireless (stereo times 5 in your case) - there
is 16 channels so should be ok in your case. Then if you have the budget
probably the best quality and range would be the Seinheizer headphone
units. There was someone on here designing a system using the raspberry pie
and wifi - was it Jorn ? Anyway I can wait till someone does this sick of
cables....
Post by jim moses
Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions for an installation project. I need to transmit
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.
Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
Brown University Music Department and M.E.M.E. (Multimedia and Electronic
Music Experiments)
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD

Helmut - I;m not sure thats what he's looking for but it looks cool - is it
wavefield synthesis system ? How to you do the vertical panning ? Do you
use amplitude panning for vertical between horizontal WFS arrays like Matt
Motags WFS designer ?

http://www.mattmontag.com/projects-page/wfs-designer

would love to hear it - let me knoe if you demo in the UK or Ireland
Post by jim moses
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.
Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
Brown University Music Department and M.E.M.E. (Multimedia and Electronic
Music Experiments)
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD
Company Number : NI635217
Registered 63 Ballycoan rd,
Belfast BT88LL
Hi Jim,

You could have a look at the Neutrik Xirium system. It's the only one I
know that is capable of timed multi channel operation:

http://www.neutrik.com/en/news/xirium-digital-wireless-audio

It is expensive, as is to be expected with this number of channels.

Cheers,

Wim
Post by jim moses
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.
Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
Brown University Music Department and M.E.M.E. (Multimedia and
Electronic
Post by Helmut Oellers
Post by jim moses
Music Experiments)
here,
Post by Helmut Oellers
Post by jim moses
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD
Company Number : NI635217
Registered 63 Ballycoan rd,
Belfast BT88LL
Jim
You might want to give us a target budget for this distribution system.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Wim<***@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Jim,

Post by jim moses
multi-channel audio to up to 10 loudspeakers. The distances are pretty
short but I'm looking for a system with flexible routing.
Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Moses
Technical Director/Lecturer
Brown University Music Department and M.E.M.E. (Multimedia and
Electronic
Post by Helmut Oellers
Post by jim moses
Music Experiments)