Real-time acoustic camera VST plugins
Symeon
2017-08-19 11:37:32 UTC
Hi all,

we have completed the first version of a set of VST plugins for an acoustic
camera. It can visualise a sound-scene and overlay the visualisation on a
spherical video. For the visualisation there are few options, all the them
using directly spherical harmonic signals up to 4th order:
- a non-adaptive scanning beamformer
- an adaptive scanning beamformer (MVDR)
- the MUSIC pseudospectrum using the DPD test: "Localization of Multiple
Speakers under High Reverberation using a Spherical Microphone Array and
the Direct-Path Dominance Test" by Nadiri and Rafaely
- a scanning post filter based on the Cross-pattern coherence (CroPaC)
algorithm. We found out that the CroPaC algorithm works quite well in
highly reverberant spaces (
http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/cropac/soundExamples/)

Additional VST plugins are provided for converting either Eigenmike or
a-format signals to spherical harmonic signals in real-time. Alternatively,
you can just use the acoustic camera plugin directly with spherical
harmonic signals as an input or a microphone array and your preferred
encoder.

You can find the plugins in the following webpage. They have been tested in
Reaper for both mac os and windows. In our setup we have used the RICOH
Theta S camera and the Eigenmike.
http://research.spa.aalto.fi/publications/papers/acousticCamera/

all the best,
Symeon Delikaris-Manias
Hi Symeon.

Any plans for open source versions of your next plugins,
using the new VST3 engine?
--
Marc

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:37:32 +0300
Post by Symeon
[...]
here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.
Symeon

Hello Symeon,

The Win64 link for the Acoustic Camera vst is actually just the mic2sh vst link repeated. I have tried the OSX link and replaced the OSX with Win64 and the Acoustic Camera vst .zip downloaded so it is purely a link misdirection.

Daryl Pierce
www.darylpierce.com