Most Common Speaker Configurations for HOA Monitoring/Listening?
Len Moskowitz
2017-12-22 13:27:41 UTC
What speaker configurations are most common for monitoring/listening to
FOA and HOA sources?

We're configuring the speaker decoder for OctoMic, and would appreciate
hearing what you'd like to see included as a preset.

Len Moskowitz (***@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic and OctoMic
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 08:27:41AM -0500, Len Moskowitz wrote:

> What speaker configurations are most common for monitoring/listening
> to FOA and HOA sources?
> We're configuring the speaker decoder for OctoMic, and would
> appreciate hearing what you'd like to see included as a preset.

Everyone working with AMB formats probably has the right decoder
for his/her studio setup. For decoding it doesn't matter what the
source of the AMB signal is. In other words, any software supporting
Octomic isn't required to provide its own decoder(s).

While recording on location headphone monitoring may be required.
All that takes is a first order stereo virtual mic pair (or
binaural rendering), and facilities to check the individual mic
signals.

Ciao,

--
FA

David Pickett
2017-12-22 16:30:01 UTC
At 14:27 22-12-17, Len Moskowitz wrote:

>We're configuring the speaker decoder for OctoMic

OctoMic is a new one on me. Are any details available of what it does?

David
Len Moskowitz
2017-12-22 17:19:49 UTC
David Pickett wrote:

> OctoMic is a new one on me. Are any details available of what it does?

Here's the press release from the recent AES Exhibition in NYC:

  www.core-sound.com/OctoMic/Press_Release_AES_2017.pdf

OctoMic prototype photos:

  www.core-sound.com/OctoMic/OctoMicPrototype1.jpg    (shown with
TetraMic)

  www.core-sound.com/OctoMic/OctoMicPrototype2.jpg

We expect to have first production model photos next week.