NYT: "Surround Sound? You Ain’t Heard Nothing Yet"
Courville, Daniel
2017-07-15 17:14:08 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/arts/music/surround-sound-you-aint-heard-nothing-yet.html
Steven Boardman
2017-07-15 19:55:53 UTC
The article was great. I wish i had heard the performance myself.
Anyone got a recording of the inside of a balloon being rubbed? :)
It's good that the audio system (and the audio art), got a review in
itself. Without being tainted by the visual, and the stigma that brings.
Especially with the current hype of VR/AR 360 video, and the afterthought
of only a headphone mix!

Steve

On 15 Jul 2017 18:14, "Courville, Daniel" <***@uqam.ca> wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/arts/music/surround-sound
-you-aint-heard-nothing-yet.html
Does anyone know anything more about the ambisonic speaker matrix used
(speaker brand/model) and what the mic she used was?
Post by Steven Boardman
The article was great. I wish i had heard the performance myself.
Anyone got a recording of the inside of a balloon being rubbed? :)
It's good that the audio system (and the audio art), got a review in
itself. Without being tainted by the visual, and the stigma that brings.
Especially with the current hype of VR/AR 360 video, and the afterthought
of only a headphone mix!
Steve
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/arts/music/surround-sound
-you-aint-heard-nothing-yet.html
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Bearcat M. Şándor
Feline Soul Systems LLC
Post by Bearcat Şándor
Does anyone know anything more about the ambisonic speaker matrix used
(speaker brand/model) and what the mic she used was?
Perchance even more to the point, why isn't she on-list already? I'm
pretty sure each and every person doing this sort of work already should
be here.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - ***@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2
Courville, Daniel
2017-07-16 16:24:04 UTC
EMPAC http://empac.rpi.edu/events/2017/summer/spatial-audio-workshop