Freedman Electronics Purchases Soundfield
Gary Gallagher
2016-11-21 04:55:00 UTC
I wonder whether this heralds a lowercost ambisonic microphone.

http://www.rode.com/blog/all/freedman-electronics-purchases-soundfield

Gary
--On 21 November 2016 04:55 +0000 Gary Gallagher
Post by Gary Gallagher
I wonder whether this heralds a lowercost ambisonic microphone.
http://www.rode.com/blog/all/freedman-electronics-purchases-soundfield
Or maybe a chance to revive their focus on ambisonics rather than the
simpler broadcast applications.

Paul
--
Paul
Paul Hodges
HAIGELBAGEL PRODS
2016-11-21 09:34:30 UTC
The great news is that Peter S is coming with the package and is moving here to Australia.

Well, it's good for us anyway :D

Haig

Sent in a frenzy from my iPad
Steven Boardman
2016-11-21 11:13:51 UTC
This great news all round.
I found TSL very slow, to the point where 6 months later they may get back
to you, if prompted with reminders. That was to purchase a part!
I don't think they cared about soundfield, or really understood the
market, let alone the VR boat they massively missed.
As implied earlier, they cared about broadcast boxes, and the price tags
to match.

Even better if Freedman start to redefine the soundfield lines.

Steve
Although I agree that this must be an improvement over TSL’s pretty terrible attitude to the microphone side of things, I wonder how this affects servicing in the UK and the USA? I’m pleased for Pieter that he gets to go to Australia, but not so pleased for me that Pieter is going to Australia…

John

Please note new email address & direct line phone number
email: ***@johnleonard.uk
phone +44 (0)20 3286 5942
Post by Steven Boardman
This great news all round.
I found TSL very slow, to the point where 6 months later they may get back
to you, if prompted with reminders. That was to purchase a part!
I don't think they cared about soundfield, or really understood the
market, let alone the VR boat they massively missed.
As implied earlier, they cared about broadcast boxes, and the price tags
to match.
Even better if Freedman start to redefine the soundfield lines.
Steve
Yep, seems good news all round, tho' I'm a bit worried about the statement
on their website that "SoundField invented 360-degree surround sound – or
ambisonic – audio capture technology in 1978" which ain't exactly correct
in several respects :-)

Dave
Post by Steven Boardman
This great news all round.
I found TSL very slow, to the point where 6 months later they may get back
to you, if prompted with reminders. That was to purchase a part!
I don't think they cared about soundfield, or really understood the
market, let alone the VR boat they massively missed.
As implied earlier, they cared about broadcast boxes, and the price tags
to match.
Even better if Freedman start to redefine the soundfield lines.
Steve
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University.

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by the University

Dave Malham
Honorary Fellow, Department of Music
The University of York
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'
Post by Gary Gallagher
I wonder whether this heralds a lowercost ambisonic microphone.
I cant see that one ocould be produced much more cheaply than Core
Sound's Tetramic.

David
Gerard Lardner
2016-11-21 18:06:30 UTC
Or the Brahma, which is a little cheaper than the Tetramic.
Post by David Pickett
Post by Gary Gallagher
I wonder whether this heralds a lowercost ambisonic microphone.
I cant see that one ocould be produced much more cheaply than Core
Sound's Tetramic.
David
here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.