Rode VideoMic SoundField
Gary Gallagher
2017-01-21 04:16:08 UTC
The propaganda video

Gary
The introduction was done at a press event at NAMM.

Yet neither Rode nor Freedman exhibited at NAMM.

Curious.
Post by Gary Gallagher
The propaganda video
http://youtu.be/SQm0U_Mtweo
Gary
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Bob
My impression is that they're still thrashing out the specification and
design. The onboard processing is an interesting demonstration of
ambisonics (though the boffin in me just wants the b format signal :-).
More importantly what will the sound quality be like?

Anything of interest at NAMM?

Gary
Post by Gary Gallagher
The propaganda video
http://youtu.be/SQm0U_Mtweo
Gary
edit account or options, view archives and so on.
--
Bob
--
Audio Rents, Inc.
4209 W. Vanowen Place
Burbank, CA 91505
323-874-1000
Well there may be a few problems to solve before this can become a
commercial product.

Peiter has only been with Rode for a short while so the development of
the array and processing card is probably not complete yet.

I'll predict that the handling and windnoise of the array won't be too
brilliant with the set-up as shown, and may need some further
improvement. And getting the channel gains right with a calibration
routine that fits in with the Rode factory production system could need
some original thought.

I suspect it ~will~ appear as a product - there's likely to be a good
market - but it make take a few more months.

Chris Woolf
Post by Bob Burton
The introduction was done at a press event at NAMM.
Yet neither Rode nor Freedman exhibited at NAMM.
Curious.
Post by Gary Gallagher
The propaganda video
http://youtu.be/SQm0U_Mtweo